A Different Approach to Senior Care
We can’t be everything to everyone, no matter how hard we try. You’re there for your kids, your partner and your career and, with all that, you feel like you’re not there enough for your senior parents. You’ve tried home care in the past, but a different support worker comes every time creating confusion and a lack of connection. The support worker, although caring, can’t have meaningful conversations or come up with enriching activities.
MindWorks is different. Starting from the initial consultation, we get to know our senior clients. We match them with a Rehabilitation Support Worker whose personality fits well with theirs, and who will be consistent in their visit schedule.
Our staff is made up of Rehabilitation Support Workers with specialized training in conjunction with the Alzheimer Society including U-First and GPA Training (Gentle Persuasive Approaches in Dementia Care).
Our Support Worker spend 2 to 4 hours with their clients each visit – depending on doctor’s recommendations and the client’s preference. Within that time, the goal is to enrich the client’s day, while supporting their independence. This time allows primary caregivers, often family members, to take a much needed rest.
Types of Services
- assistance with physical therapy
- assistance with medication organization
- implementation of enrichment programs designed by health care professionals
- helping with meal prep, list making and planning for shopping
- creative time
- community support for engagement in enjoyed activities
We are committed to providing:
- Prompt service – our staff can typically see a new client within 48 hours of referral.
- Programs and activities designed to promote client independence.
- Steady progression in the relearning of life skills.
- Tailored approach to the specific needs of the individual.
- Creative, multi-disciplinary approaches to complex cases.
- Goals reached within a timely manner.