MindWorks’ School Support Staff provide programs for students living with the effects of a brain injury in a school based setting. Our staff works hard to ease the transition back to school and ensure a positive school experience. The School Support Staff focuses on the physical, intellectual, emotional and social skills needed to succeed within established school guidelines.
- Provide repetition and consistency.
- Demonstrate new tasks, re-state instructions, and provide examples to illustrate ideas and concepts.
- Offer behavioural feedback.
- Reinforce lengthening periods of attention to appropriate tasks.
- Teach compensatory strategies for improving memory and attention.
- Provide rest breaks for students with reduced stamina and increased fatigue.
- Keep the environment distraction free.
- Build opportunities for success.
- Maximize the student’s strengths.
- Continually revising and updating objectives.
Each member of MindWorks’ staff has completed a post-secondary program in rehabilitation service provision and continues to engage in learning and professional development activities. Our School Support Staff is the most highly trained personnel in the area. Completing specialized training targeted at helping students cope with TBI is mandatory for all MindWorks’ staff.
Benefit to You
Excellent client outcomes as they reach their goals in an efficient and timely manner. We excel at matching staff to your needs.
To learn more about our unique programs and services please contact us. We’re here to help.